PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
To contribute to the growth of the Manchester land quality team by assisting with the delivery of projects in the fields of soil and groundwater investigation, contaminated land assessment and site remediation using appropriate technical skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Part to full time supervision of remediation and enabling works to ensure works are being completed by the contractor in accordance with the specification.
- Able to undertake suitable chemical and geotechnical samples and schedule them for testing effectively;
- Able to analyse chemical testing results and assess against human health and/or controlled waters criteria.
- Able to analyse geotechnical testing results and assess the results.
- Prompt exchange of correspondence to all contractors.
- Supervise and remain vigilant regarding all aspects of the construction activities. Respond with appropriate and necessary levels of supervision to provide quality assurance in accordance with contract documents
- Coordinate with contractors in order to undertake proposed works effectively.
- Review the contractor’s progress at all times. Monitor the material incorporated in the work, the materials stored at the site, and the contractor’s manpower and equipment.
- Attend weekly, monthly, and other progress meetings held at the site as required by the client. Identify constraints and recommend corrective measures.
- Produce daily reports of site activities.
- Coordination with contractor’s supervisory personnel regarding schedule, sequence, and method of work.
- Continuous inspections and consultation with a line manager including the preparation of written and oral reports to the RE on contractual and procedural matters.
- An understanding of waste soils and related compliance measures;
- Ability to write a detailed validation report upon completion of remediation works.
None, however, previous relevant experience is desirable.
1. Geology or Geography (with environmental science / contaminated land modules); or 2. Hydrogeology; or 3. Environmental science.
- Accept and deal with responsibility for project delivery and client liaison.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, strong teamwork skills, commercial awareness and self confidence are crucial.
- Able and willing to work and stay away from base office, potentially for extended periods.
- Self starter, happy to work outdoors, beneficial to live in close proximity of the Manchester office (half hour commute) or be happy to relocate.
- Must demonstrate a genuine interest in developing a career in the contaminated land sector.
- Must hold full clean UK driving licence or equivalent – confidence in driving larger vehicles such as transit vans will be helpful.
Competitive salary to be discussed at the interview stage.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Contract length: 12 months